Do you need a VPN as a nomad?
What is a VPN?
A Virtual Private Network or VPN provides an encrypted server and hides your IP address from corporations, government agencies and hackers.
Why you need one
1. A VPN will protect your private data whilst working on a public network like an internet cafe. Public networks are notoriously easy for hackers to gain access to your data and steal info like login details for your online banking or social media accounts.
2. Protect sensitive work data from prying eyes by encrypting the information and making it accessible to only you and your employer.
3. Change or hide your current location in order to get deals on flights as airlines often offer different deals in different countries.
4. Streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime offer different movies & series in different territories due to licensing requirements. Using a VPN will allow you to manually set your location and thus allows you to keep seeing your favorite flicks.
5. A VPN will allow you to bypass country firewalls that block certain undesirable sites. Countries like China, Russia and some middle Eastern countries block social media and news sites so having a VPN will get you around that during your stay.
Which VPN is best?
Nord VPN is considered one of the best options for VPN's. They offer various packages that are reasonably priced and have optional add-on features such as a password locker, cloud storage and data breach scanner.